The Fortune Finder is designed for executives with P&L responsibility for a single business (usual title: general manager), for those who want to get into such roles and for business owners. (Business owners and in-place executives should be running a business that generates $25 million (US) or more in revenue.) These executives:
- Are indeed “going somewhere,” and are willing to put in the time and effort required to get there. If you’re not
serious, and committed, this isn’t for you.
- Run a business that sells a related group of products or services to a similar group of customers. (This is because our training works intensively on your business’s customer-value proposition and how it’s communicated.
The CEO of a large company typically manages a portfolio of such businesses. The
Fortune Finder is not about portfolio management. If you run several businesses, but have one that you want to work on, then our training will help.)
- Have a high-functioning group of direct reports, that will “row as one” once they settle on specific actions. Our
training will help your team choose the right actions.
- Have senior management’s support—the rug won’t be pulled.
- Are not in financial services (banking, brokerage or insurance). (Our training is not designed for these businesses.)
- Are not in “hit-record” businesses. (A hit-record business (also known as a “blockbuster” business) is one in which all that matters in terms of your results is whether your “record” is selling like hotcakes. If it is, nothing else matters. If it’s not, there’s nothing much we can help you with, except your “hit-finding” process.
hit-record businesses: movies, books and recordings, hot areas within technology, and proprietary pharmaceuticals.)
The Fortune Finder works for both public or privately-held companies.